20070208

Der Wegweiser


Remember the Wanderweg sign? I had mentioned the signposts, and this is the largest example that I've come across so far. It's in Baden. The progression from Villigen (by car) is Brugg (10 mins) - Baden (20 mins) - Zürich (50 mins). The sign lists walking times from Baden: two and a half hours to Stilli, 5 hours 50 minutes to Zürich. The time estimates take into account the changes in terrain and while I haven't tested these in particular, the ones I have have been quite reasonable.

Request to readers: if anyone has come across a bigger Wegweiser in CH, please let me know where it is.

20070103 modified

4 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

Do the timings take into account the time taken for reading the sign?

Just joking!

Z said...

No, that would probably add on another 10 minutes...

Steve Cuddihy said...

wow! This is something I've never seen in my life. I've seen them in movies, but I had no idea that type of signage was actually in use today.

Z said...

These guideposts can be seen all over the place here, though they're typically smaller, with only one or two panels. People here are generally very active and outdoorsy and hike and bike a great deal.